SMM is a set of works and measures for the creation and promotion of content in certain promoted social channels.
Social networks represent a small number of sites with a huge number of users who actively interact with each other through the capabilities of the social networking sites themselves.
Despite the cons of social media in business, you can effectively utilize social media marketing for your business goals.
In this article, I will try to break down what you need to start promotion in social networks, how to build your sales funnel in SMM, and what mistakes are usually made by experienced and not very SMM engineers!
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF SMM?
The main point of SMM is to attract the audience of social networks to the site with the help of thematic communities. The audience of social networks is already equal, if not outgrown, in terms of quantity, even television. At the same time, it is much more active in terms of participation in the life of social networks and in terms of accessibility to the subject matter. Therefore, a simple display of contextual advertising for a quick start, though it will attract people, but to develop trust relationships as in the SMM, it is not suitable.
The basis of SMM promotion rests precisely in communities (groups) by attracting the target audience, the presence of feedback, and building trust between the community participants and the brand.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO START PROMOTING ON SOCIAL NETWORKS?
Social networks are “microcopies” of your sites on another site: they should receive similar content and have access to your information, products, and services through the social networking platform. In order to avoid duplication of content, of course, you accompany the publications with links to the relevant sections of your site.
CREATE A BUSINESS PROFILE OF YOUR COMPANY
Your audience will feel comfortable and safe viewing social media posts based on a persona rather than a random company name that hides people with unknown intentions.
At the same time, if you get banned, you lose all the contacts with whom you were in dialogue. And if you have problems with identification, you may simply not unblock your profile. The name has to be real.
So, to promote your own persona in parallel, use your Facebook profile to promote yourself and share publications of your business.
For regular Facebook marketing campaigns, you should create a Facebook business page or use a Facebook Marketplace.
The exceptions are Twitter and Instagram business profiles – these are created as “business profiles” by default.
SMM METRICS AND SALES FUNNEL
The choice of metrics for SMM is much more complex than for conventional traffic attraction channels.
For example, the content funnel may be generally similar to the conversion sales funnel, but it has its differences.
YOU NEED TO KNOW THESE SIMPLE SECRETS
– Don’t try to copy “someone else’s.” Keep in mind that they created their brand from scratch and can do anything now. Create your own – you have to find your way to your CA.
– You have to spend a lot of money on engagement. The audience here is very cold, and you need to build your Brand-Awareness.
– You shouldn’t use the “subscription” metric. New algorithms will do nothing to organically promote your commercial publication.
– Use different metrics for different stages of social media promotion. It is a mistake to hope that an informative article will generate sales.
– Respond to comments. Angry, spammy, stupid, meaningless. All of them. You should respond to every comment. Of course, you can delete spam, and the spam filters of the same YouTube and Facebook cope with it. But all other comments must be responded to promptly.